Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm here to stay...

My clients and I always talk about how the real estate market's change has affected our industry. If this market makes people think twice before deciding to be an agent, I can't see that being a bad thing. The agents who are patient, knowledgeable, and understanding of the market are here to stay. Those who have the mentality of making a quick sale won't survive; that's why a lot of agents are quitting now.

Charlottesville is not the same as Atlanta; it's definitely a great time to be a buyer, but you can still sell a house too. I coach my sellers to be extra diligent when it comes to preparing the house for sale, to price aggressively, and be open-minded when it comes time to negotiate. My buyers, meanwhile, have time on their side, and confidence that they won't be rushed by me. I love my job and all the challenges that come with it, and my first priority will always be my clients.